Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Several Completely Unrelated Things At Once!

First, a picture that made me laugh:

Second, there looks to be signs of ‘moving out’ taking place in the apartment next door but I can’t be sure. There were several large black bags outside their door this morning which were gone this afternoon…leaving behind a disgusting trail of something sticky and smelly. But Creepy Guy was just kicking back in his plastic chair on the breezeway when I left so I just don’t know what to make of things now.

Third, things were crazy at work yesterday because we were suffering through mid-year inventory. And I do mean suffering. Since it was not a ‘production day’ the powers that be decided to save energy by not running the air conditioning in the buildings on property. The only AC unit which HAD to run was the one in the computer/server/copier/supply room which is located immediately behind my desk. So I was comfortable but my co-workers were sweaty. I find this hilarious.

Fourth, last night I went to knitting at the coffee shop with the H.O.P.S.F. again. I ‘had’ to make a run to a local craft store before hand to purchase some more yarn and new knitting needles. I showed off my attempt at purling and was complimented on my ability to pick up a new skill so quickly. Oh…and that mocha frappuccino was fantastic.

Fifth, I feel that, from a place of friendship, I should let Robert know that LibraryDiva thinks he’s a douche. Yeah…she’s really mad at you, sweetie. You should call her.

Sixth, read this. Understand this about me before I make my final statement regarding this incident: I consider any untimely, accidental death a tragedy. To loose a loved one is painful; to bury a child would be unimaginable. My heart goes out to the family of this young person. HOWEVER, when you have willingly climbed over two fences, both clearly marked with warning signs, and wandered into the path of such a powerful piece of machinery during a time when it is in constant use…you have made Darwin’s work just too easy. I simply can not muster up sympathy about this one.

Seventh, this game is ridiculously addictive.

Eight, if you haven’t actually seen this movie…you really should. (P.S. Hope it was a great birthday, BalletDiva) To quote Burt Gummer: “Broke into the wrong goddamn rec-room didn’t ya, you bastard?”

And that is all…for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes it was a great birthday thanks to some wonderful friends! : )

~BalletDiva