Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Book Review

…of sorts.

Well, I have finished reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. The plot was decent, the pacing was good and the characters were interesting. I find myself actually quite taken aback as I am normally not a fan of the whole ‘vampire fiction’ genre.

Sunday evening I passed this book off to LibraryDiva. She spent the entire next day cursing my name and spitting on the ground I walk on. Apparently she had stayed up until 2:00 AM reading. This made me laugh…which made her mad…which made me laugh harder.

I picked up a copy of New Moon, the second book in this series, yesterday and I’m about 50 pages into it. I confess that I was a bit ‘spoiled’ on this one, since I have checked out the author’s website and completely ignored the ‘if you haven’t read the book don’t read this’ warning she had posted. Since I know what’s coming perhaps I won’t react to it as frantically as some of her other readers.

I’ll keep you posted.


A Wednesday Morning Quick Update: LibraryDiva has since finished Twilight and declared me an agent of Satan (I'm totally putting that on my resume). She is desperate to read New Moon but will not allow herself to even look at the cover of the book until she has gotten well ahead in her classes (remember, she's in Grad School). I am now 300 pages into New Moon and had serious difficulty putting it down last night to get some sleep. Damn you, Stephenie Meyer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You remember the Barnes and Noble trip before I went to grad school... Yeah, I got Twilight on that trip and I still haven't read it yet. It is definitely on my list of "I will read this when I run out of dirty books involving Jean-Claude."

~BalletDiva