Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Huh.

Here, for your reading pleasure, are some of the thoughts that have been floating around in my head so far this week.

Why is it that the glue on the back of an envelope tastes so nasty? Couldn’t envelope manufacturers pick out a pleasant flavor to add to their glue? Something nice like cherry or orange.

Has soap really gotten so expensive that the common man can no longer afford to purchase it? And if the price of soap products really has sky-rocketed then what does it say about my level of income that I’m still able to comfortably afford to purchase these products at whim without damaging my budget?

What is it about me that makes me come across as someone who is both intelligent and willing to help to people whom I have never before encountered? Is it the same trait that apparently makes me appear to know the location of the items that random strangers are looking for in every store on the planet? Is there just something about me that inherently screams “Oooh, oooh, ask me!!”

It’s the glasses, isn’t it?

Why must people eat while on the phone with me? (I am not referring to my friends/family/people I like.)

Standing in line at the post office so that you can mail a 13.5 pound box to Germany is seriously one of the least fun things on the planet. (Love ya, Kati!)

Do you have any idea how bitchy people in line behind you at the post office get when they realize that you are standing in line to mail a 13.5 pound box to Germany and will have to request the ‘special’ customs form because your package is ‘overweight’?

Every phone on property (here at work) stopped working at 8:16 AM this morning. Every single phone. Do you have any idea how inconvenient it is to have no working phones and have visitors show up who need to meet with someone who works on the other side of the plant from you?

Do you know how long it takes to listen to the 34 ‘new’ messages that accumulated in your voicemail box before the phones were returned to working order at 1:36 PM?

Is it wrong that I am in no way looking forward to my ‘vacation’? And is it wrong that all I can focus on when I think about the aforementioned trip is the fact that I’ll be loosing a week’s pay in order to go on this ‘vacation’? Does this make me a ‘bad person’ on some level?

I got another email about the impending class reunion today…and I deleted it without opening it. Does that make me a ‘bad person’ too?

Oh, and this made me laugh.

And just what does that say about me?

3 comments:

Kassia525 said...

Think happy thoughts... like Apollo & Julianne dancing together!!!

Do you feel at least a little bit better?

*hug*

Anonymous said...

Yeah I don't know why men refuse to bathe. Such a turn-off.

~BalletDiva

LibraryDiva said...

It's just the smell! Ick! But you had a wonderful dinner last night! And a fun time driving home! Didn't you....?