Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thoughts of the BalletDiva

As mentioned in my last post (“Thoughts on a Thursday”) here is BalletDiva’s email.

Blogger’s Note: The content of this post is a copy of an email sent to me by BalletDiva. It is published with her express consent and in it’s original format.

**********
Since everyone in blog land seems to be creating their own "Trapped on an Island" mix CD, I thought I'd create a list of songs as well.

Except, I am striving to keep up my reputation as the dirty whore virgin.

Songs to have sex to:

Ombra” from Cirque Du Soleil’s Dralion, artistic passion at its best.

Blue Monday” almost any rendition will do, but preferably the original or the cover by Orgy or another up tempo version. This is angry sex at its best.

Frozen” Celldweller, meaningless sex much, Klay?

So She Dances” Josh Groban, beautiful music = beautiful love.

Never Let Go” Josh Groban, as my former roomie once said, it’d be better if he was actually singing it to you, but I’ll take a recording.

Angels” Wax Poetic featuring Norah Jones, think getting it on in your converted warehouse loft.

Damn Girl” Justin Timberlake, not that it would take a lot, but if you’ve reduced your man to repeatedly chanting ‘damn, girl’ you’ve probably accomplished your mission.

Bittersweet Symphony” The Verve, is there anything you can’t do while listening to this song.

Unchained Melody” probably The Righteous Brothers version, do I have to explain this one.

Desert Rose” Sting featuring Cheb Mami (whom I was surprised and slightly horrified to realize was a guy during my research for this list. I mean Cheb. I knew Sting was a guy.) The bridge to this song makes me picture two lovers riding horses side by side on a wind-blown desert sand dune under bright moonlight, with lots of gauze-like fabric billowing out behind them. Not that that image has anything to do with sex other than it could be before or after the event.

Enrapture” Criss Angel from the Mindfreak ’02 soundtrack, ‘thinking of the times when we were one’ so sweetly metaphorical and literal all at once.

The Chocolat Soundtrack” call me cheesy, but this soundtrack is extremely versatile. It can soothingly drown out the sounds of your druggie roommates getting it on with the flavor of the night. It can be romantic background music for you and your presumably not crack-head lover. It can even be great ballet class music, but I digress.

Your Body is a Wonderland” John Mayer, this song first came out when I was in high school. At the time I thought it was soooo dirty, but now I think of it as a sweet reminder of being on the edge of innocence. [Innocence not necessarily in a sexual sense here.] My ex-boyfriend Lee (yes my former roomie, the one you think looked like a linebacker) convinced me to think of this as our song, even though we never had sex. Kinda strange but it works.

Nights in White Satin” The Moody Blues, hippy angst-ridden love at its best.

In the Waiting Line” Zero 7, this song makes me think about past changes in life and suggests that perhaps you and the person you are with can provide some stability for one another. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but music is all about how it makes you feel.

Well I hope you enjoyed that, maybe got a few laughs in for the day. : )

**********

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let the commenting begin. lol

~BalletDiva

Anonymous said...

I, for one, am interested and would like to subscribe to your newsletter...

Anonymous said...

: )

~BalletDiva