Thursday, April 10, 2008

Love at First Sight

Blogger’s Note: Consider this a warning to all the readers of this blog who are of the male persuasion. This post is about the object of some very ‘girly’ lust and you might not be able to handle it. So you can either man up or stop reading now. Robert, Carl…I’m talking to you.

Ladies, I want this.

(Did you click on the picture? Don’t be afraid to admit it. You know that secretly you want one of these wonderful toys too. Just be honest. I won’t tell, it can be our little secret…but you might want to wipe the drool off your chin.)

I want this with a level of passion and desire that I myself have problems fully understanding. There is just something about this particular piece of machinery that makes my heart beat faster and causes my palms to sweat.

I’ve wanted one of these since I was fourteen. It all started while I was babysitting for some of my favorite kids. I wandered unsuspectingly into the kitchen to get them a snack and there it was, sitting on the counter, the late afternoon sun glinting off the red enamel case and chrome accents. Faster than blinking, faster than I could inhale I was in love.

Over the years (and years and years) of babysitting for that family I found every excuse I could think of for using that amazing bit of equipment. I mixed more batches of muffins and cupcakes and cookies and pancakes than I can count. We (the kids and I) made them for reasons like ‘it’s Wednesday’ or ‘because that cloud looked like a bunny.’

My current favorite blog (outside of my own) is The Pioneer Woman. I wandered unsuspectingly into the area of her blog where she talks about food and there it was. Deep within one of her many recipe posts was a photo of the white KitchenAid standing mixer that she got as a wedding present. It seems that everyone on the planet has one of these fantabulous gadgets but me!!

But one day…oh, one day…this too shall be mine. Yes! I will scrimp and save and cut corners and clip coupons and curtail frivolous spending until I can afford one of my very own (I’m leaning toward the pistachio green, because I like the ‘vintage’ vibe it gives off, by the way). And (and yes, I know you shouldn’t start a sentence with AND but really you should know me well enough to realize that I do this quite a bit … *kicks her English minor to the curb*) if all else fails I’ll ask my parents to get it for me for Christmas.

*Contented sigh*

The End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I could try to say something like, you don't really need that, or wouldn't a hand mixer do? But love knows no bounds, so may you have a long and passionate life filled with tons of hot muffins and other goodies.

~BalletDiva