Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Weekend Away - Part 3

Hello boys and girls!  Sorry for the delay in posting but I was off on another adventure and have been trying to catch up on a few 'real life' things before getting back to Blissfully.  Now if I just get off my duff and get my new pictures uploaded...

So, where was I?  Oh yeah, my long weekend in Helen.

As we were visiting the mountains during the holiday season, my aunt was eager to get some pictures of the town covered in Christmas lights.  So after dinner on Monday evening we headed into downtown, and you guys?  There was nobody else around. 

I mean seriously...there were a total of three people in town and we were them.
 
100% empty streets.
 
So we totally took advantage of it and ran all over the place! 
 
My lovely relatives in front of the "Santa" tree.
 
And speaking of Santa...there's a big pavilion in downtown where local musicians perform during the summer and which serves as the hangout for Santa and Mrs. Claus during the Christmas season.
 
Now, the Santas weren't around...
 
But their chairs were... 
 
The conversation went something like this...

Me: Hey look!  Santa's chair!
Aunt: Yeah, so?
Me: I'm gonna go sit in it! And so should you!
Aunt: We can't just sit in Santa's chair!
Me: You wanna bet? 
 
Boom!
 
Now, I'm pretty sure that qualifies us for the 'naughty' list...but still: totally worth it.
 
I feel that the lesson to take away from this one is that opportunity doesn't always knock - sometimes it leans on the bell.  
 
Also, I am easily amused.
 
Make of that what you will.   

My uncle made some new friends.
They're really tall...but rather flat in terms of personality.
 
Yes, I climbed inside a gigantic Christmas wreath to get this picture.
I'm a wee bit shameless.
 
There is a tiny little hill top park right on the edge of the downtown area which is something that, though I've visited Helen many times, I never realized.  Its a beautiful area, full of mountain views and crowded with picnic tables.
 
  And there's a waterfall...which they light up for the holidays.

There is a mini-golf course outside of the town and the owner went impressively overboard with the decorations, which we loved.  So we circled their parking lot to get better pictures. 

And I may or may not have gotten out of the car, run across the parking lot, jumped a small fence, and climbed into the middle of that clump of pre-lit trees and hugged a light up reindeer because OF COURSE I DID.

My aunt is somewhere in this picture...see if you can spot her.
 
- HistoryDiva 


No comments: