Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Diva's Vacation - Part 3

Traveling with retirees means you wind up doing things that you probably wouldn't normally...like going to bed at 9:00pm every night...and getting up at 7:00 am every morning while on vacation. 

But hey, a free trip is a free trip...so I go with the flow.

One of the 'things I wouldn't normally do' was to go see the Legends in Concert.

This is a miniature edition of a seriously popular Las Vegas show which features celebrity impersonators.  The line up for the current show - which was the Christmas show by the way - features Neil Diamond, Dolly Parton, The Blues Brothers, Whitney Houston, and of course...Elvis.

Now...I know what you're thinking but let me explain because here comes the really hard to believe part of this story. 

When you travel during 'retiree' season shows like this are almost impossible to get tickets for.  Seriously!  It was a sell out crowd! 

And I was the youngest person in the room by a good 30 years.


Waiting for the show to start. 
 
To say that this was an entertaining evening would really be putting it mildly.  This show was actually a blast.  Now, the 'cheesy' factor was pretty high but you couldn't beat if for entertainment value for your money.  And talk about group participation...the ENTIRE crowd sang along to the whole show! 
 
Each 'artist' performed their biggest hits and threw in a Christmas song or two for good measure...complete with lasers and smoke machines and disco lights. 
 
And at the end of the night all of performers where out in the lobby to chat with crowd and take pictures.


'Neil Diamond' is one of my uncle's favorites
...so I demanded that we get a picture with him.


And there were no objections to getting a picture with 'Dolly Parton' either.

And a little story about this picture.  When we went to reserve tickets to the show my aunt asked if Michael Jackson was included in the new line up of performers (it changes each 'season').  Alas, he's the headliner of the Vegas show and hasn't come to Myrtle Beach yet.  So no MJ.  But I tweeted this picture with Dolly and tagged the Legends in Concert.  The next day I checked my feed and noticed that someone had replied to my tweet.  It was a name I didn't recognize so I checked out the person's profile...and guess who it was???  The guy performing as Michael Jackson in the Las Vegas Legends show!  My aunt was ecstatic and talked all day about the fact that Michael Jackson liked her picture. 

 
The Blues Mobile was parked outside the theater
...surround by police barricades, which was hilarious. 


My aunt was pretty excited about it.
 
- HistoryDiva

No comments: