Friday, January 17, 2014

A Diva's Vacation - Part 9

The week of my vacation in North Myrtle Beach was right in the middle of November, a month that is usually on the chilly side even here in the deep south.  So I was pretty happy when the weatherman said that SC would be having a mild weather week. 

Never mind that Wednesday was freezing cold with gale force winds that were actually lifting people off the sidewalks.  My credit card was stolen by someone in Maine that same day...but that's a different story. 

But Saturday, our last day in Myrtle Beach, was beautiful.  The high was in the upper 60s, the sun was out in full force and even though we were just two weeks from Thanksgiving I was determined that I was going to be barefoot in the ocean for a least a few minutes...because what is the point of a trip to the beach if you don't get into the ocean for at least a few minutes? 
 
This is my favorite picture of the entire trip.  Just ocean and sky and you can't really tell where one stops and the other one begins.  I could have stood there and looked at that view for the rest of my life and been absolutely content. 

The tide was just starting to come in and the waves were getting bigger.

The sun going down on the Grand Strand.
We had spectacular sunsets the entire week, each one more beautiful than the last.

Toes in the sand...just before the wave crashed over my feet.

I love the way the light starts to fade out of the sky...like the sun is drinking back in all the light its given the world during the day. 

Crystal blue giving way to pale yellow.

Love the reflection of the setting sun on the ocean.

The pinks and purples of twilight seem to just ooze up out of the ocean. 

Our resort.  We were in a room on the 5th floor way over on the front left side of the building...so if you leaned out over balcony railing and looked to your extreme left you could see the ocean from our room...which was the only disappointment of the trip. 

I waded into the ocean up to my knees to get this picture (I rolled my jeans up). 
Love the orange and deep purple on the horizon.

Sadly, it's impossible to see in this picture, but there is a gigantic ferris wheel down at the far end of the grand strand and the setting sun was lined up perfectly inside the rim of the wheel.  We could also see pelicans and gulls outlined as black silhouettes against the sky.

The moon rising in the distance. 
 
Going...

...going...

...gone.

The last of the daylight...

...and the end of a wonderful trip.

- HistoryDiva

No comments: