Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Diva's Vacation - Part 8

According to my aunt and uncle you can not consider your time at the beach well spent unless you have fed a loaf of slightly stale sandwich bread to a bunch of overly aggressive winged beach rats...umm, I mean sea gulls. 

So we did.

Twice.

And actually...

...having never fed sea gulls before...
 
...it was really a lot of fun! 
 
My aunt swears that they just 'know' when someone is going to feed them, and having seen a flock materialize out of thin air when my uncle walked over the dune carrying the bag of bread I'm gonna have to agree with her. 

Even these little guys wanted in on the action.
They hopped and peeped and looked for tiny crumbs.
 
They were pretty sure I had more bread hidden behind my back...
 
...but I didn't.
Because they'd already eaten it all.
 

These pictures are from our second morning of feeding sea gulls...a day that was MUCH warmer and sunnier than the previous time.  Check out that blue sky.   

The funniest part is that everyone else on the beach (especially the kids) was looking at us like we were some sort of rock stars/geniuses because we were surrounded by sea gulls.  Lots of people stopped to take pictures and asked us how we'd gotten so many birds to gather around us like that.

I was honest..."Bribery."
 
The flock waits.

 
- HistoryDiva

1 comment:

Karen said...

Do NOT let them see you with a bag of popcorn, or you WILL BE MAULED! Or pecked, I guess. Something Hitchcockian!