Friday, January 3, 2014

A Diva's Vacation - Part 1

Back in November my favorite aunt and uncle took me on my first 'real' vacation...to North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

I jumped on the chance to get out of the state for a week and spend some quality time staring at the Atlantic Ocean. 


Lake Hartwell, SC.

'Privet' the Hedgehog...who lives in the back seat of my aunt's car.
I thought it was only fair that he get a look at the view.

It is a little hard to see it in this picture but this is a cotton field which is ready to be harvested.  We passed quite a few of these on the way.  According to the South Carolina Cotton Board an estimated 265,000 acres of cotton was harvested in the state in 2005 (most recent statistic available).

Once we arrived at the resort I headed straight through the lobby
and out onto the balcony...because OCEAN!

*sigh*

If you've been following along with the DivaFamily adventures of the last year you'll remember that my aunt had her left knee replaced in the summer of 2012.  Well, in the summer of 2013 she fell and broke her left leg.  As a result of this she's sworn off big, hard to get into bathtubs...so I got the 'master suite' for the duration of our trip.

I know, I know.  It was a lot to ask of me...but I took one for the team.

- HistoryDiva

No comments: