Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thing Two

Thing One and Thing Two are siblings. They were selected by LibraryDiva and me from a litter of four adorable kittens that were born on the back deck of my goddaughter’s home. Thing One and Thing Two have been residents of Diva-stan for around a year now. They are cuddly, purr-y, playful, stupid, neurotic, and entertaining all at the same time.

Thing Two is the ‘beta.’ Thinner, longer, quieter, and more reserved than Thing One, Thing Two seems to always be in the background of my fuzzy punk photos. As I have mentioned several time in the past on this blog, Thing One and Thing Two are…well, weird. And when LibraryDiva spends the weekend with her folks there seems to be a strange understanding between Thing One and Thing Two as to which one of them gets me all to themselves.

Sunday night Thing One was the only cat I saw the entire evening. Laying on my bed, on my rug, outside my bathroom door…Thing One was everywhere I was.

Monday night it was Thing Two’s turn.

Thing Two was content to jump up on my bed, curl up on the small pile of crocheted afghan parts and snooze away the evening, seeming to be content just knowing I was there and that it was his turn to have my attention. In many ways, Thing Two is my favorite.

And so, here’s to Thing Two:


Who sits in laundry baskets…


And on tables…


Who wants a squirrel…


And the high score…


Who poses like a pro…


Explores without fear…


Isn’t afraid of strangers…


Stakes a claim on the best spots for naps…


Could totally win the trophy on Dancing with the Stars…


And thinks my latest craft project is the world’s most awesome nap time accessory…

Thanks for making Diva-stan a better place to live.

The End.