Thursday, September 25, 2008

Now…Where Was I Going With This???

First and foremost this morning I feel I need to extend an apology for yesterday’s post. After all, gentle reader, you come here looking for quality entertainment (or at least a cheap giggle) and what do you get??? Clay Aiken. Sorry about that. See, I wasn’t going to comment on it but by the end of day I felt that I had no choice. The Gaykin’s coming out was headline news…headline news in a time when this country is spiraling into financial ruin, when the thought of fighting terrorism has been moved to the back burner, when political analysts are predicting the end of America as we know it no matter whom we elect in November. And the Gaykin makes the front page.

Fortunately the president addressed the nation last night or I would be forced to write the entire day off as a loss. And while I do my best to keep both religion and politics out of this blog, because blah blah blah hot button issues blah no one cares blah blah, I have to say that I thought GW did well and regardless of your opinion of the man there are times when you have to take a more non-partisan view of things. To quote one of my favorite history professors: “You salute the office, not the man.”

And since this post is coming dangerously close to being all rant-y I’ll get back to my original point…which is:


THE END!

1 comment:

Kassia525 said...

Good point.

Great laugh.