Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Alligators Are NOT Your Friends

Well kids, Tuesday is trying to kill me. Actually, Tuesday is just trying to induce a heavy bout of paranoia. Either way…I see horrible things in my future at the moment. F*cking Tuesday.

I have tried to get the day off to a good start…what with the bouncing out of bed and motivating myself out the door in a timely manner. Hell, I even decided that I would give the company some of my time and have been blazingly efficient and productive this morning, doing more in three hours than I have in the last several weeks.

I always try to be ‘productive’ or to at least appear 'productive' while at work. I spend a lot of time with our operating systems open on my desktop and printed reports stacked in front of my keyboard but the truth is that when the economy took its most recent downturn things really slowed around here and it is starting to show. And to be honest even I, the self proclaimed Queen of Looking Busy, can only stretch a ten minute job out so far.

And now there are whispers of an inter-office lay off. And thought I wasn’t the last hired and have been here for almost two years…I am the still just a temp.

So fingers crossed kids.



1 comment:

Kassia525 said...

Fingers crossed and in my prayers!