Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Few More Bits and Pieces

Some more random information about the HistoryDiva to keep you entertained on a cold, windy Wednesday.

1. The most rebellious thing I’ve ever done was getting my ears pierced for a second time without my parent’s consent. Of course I was already eighteen at the time so…it really wasn’t so much a ‘rebellion’ it was ‘young adult decision making’ but hey, they were against it at the time. (Ah…the wild and crazy days of youth.)

2. I got glasses and braces within a week of each other at the end of fifth grade. Yep, in one fell swoop my mother took me from ‘reasonably cute girl’ to ‘nerd.’ Thanks for that, ma.

3. As I child I was much more comfortable in a room full of adults than around a group of my peers. And I have never liked teenagers…even when I was one.

4. I don’t make my bed on a daily basis. I just don’t see the point. The bed gets ‘made’ once a week when I change the sheets.

5. In my opinion a spoiled child is the sign of bad parenting. And yes, I have enough childcare experience to make that statement with certainty.

6. I can cook…I just choose not to.

7. The only part of doing laundry I don’t like is pairing up the socks.

8. I think Legos are the greatest toy ever invented.

9. In college I was known for using oversized bright pink Post-Its and carrying a pink umbrella, the handle of which looked like a duck.

So there you go, dear reader, just a little more of what makes the HistoryDiva such a fabulous person

No comments: