Monday, February 4, 2008

Oops! I said it again…

Well, the time of Lent is drawing near once more. While this little holiday isn’t as important to me and my religious preference as it is to my catholic friends (like Karen the hamster owning Patrick Stewart fan) I thought that in the spirit of the season I would choose something to ‘give up’ for the duration.

After much thought I have come to the conclusion that while I pride myself on having utilized my extended stay in the world of academia to establish an extensive and varied vocabulary I am forced to admit that my vast knowledge of our fair language includes a rather astonishing amount of profanity. Recognizing this as a short coming in one so educated, I have chosen to eliminate the profane from my everyday conversations in an attempt to conduct myself in a more ladylike and genteel manner. This will be no easy task as my favorite of the ‘four lettered naughty words’ happens to be usable as EVERY part of speech and fits neatly into most sentences (no, I won’t provide you with an example…just figure it out on your own).

So in an effort to keep you, the loyal reader, entertained there will be an ‘Oops’ count at the bottom of every post from now until Easter tallying up the number of times I ‘slip up’ on a day to day basis. But the fun (???) doesn’t end there, oh no! I’m asking for your assistance in coming up with some alternative phrases that can be employed when frustration sets in and an expletive is needed. So help a girl out!

Oops Count: 0 (so far so good…)

No comments: