Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Almost Sweater Weather

What is it about the autumn that just speaks to the soul?

 
I love this time of year, with its crisp mornings and warm afternoons. When the leaves change color it looks like the world has been painted.  It's one last hurrah before the deep gray mist of winter (which, I could totally do without).

October is when it really begins to feel like Fall in this area.

It's time for pumpkins, and apples, and decorative gourds...  

 
Fall makes me want to buy school supplies...and since I'm no longer in school, nor do I have children, I'm really not going to be fooling anybody when I buy that big box of crayons am I?  Oh well. 

There are parts of this fall that will be great.

There are parts that won't be so great.

BUT, I will revel in the season and all that it has to offer.

Some of the highlights:

Georgia National Fair - October 8 to October 18
Mule Camp Market - October 9 to October 11
Highland Games - October 16 to October 18
Gold Rush Days - October 17 and October 18

Not to mention corn mazes, ghost tours, and Oktoberfest. 

Get out there and enjoy!

love and kisses,
- HistoryDiva

No comments: