Friday, October 9, 2015

A Trip to the Sunshine State - Day Two

When the sun rose on my first full day in FL, the state was clearly doing its best to make up for that lousy first impression from the night before.


This was the view from my hotel room window. 
Yeah...that's more like it.
 
The only downside to my first full day in the Sunshine State is that I woke up with a screaming migraine headache and NOTHING to take care of it with...no painkillers, no caffeine, no silent room (there was construction going on all around us because it was the off season).  So I begged off from the planned events of the day (can you say 'State Parks'?) and found my way to the local W-Mart.
 
Once I started to feel better I realized something...I was alone...at a beach resort...
 
Yep, I was out the door. 

Oh...
My...
Goodness! 
 
 
Up the beach...

 
and down the beach.
 
I had the entire place to myself!  And I was frankly astonished.  It's not like our hotel was empty...and there were tourists at the other hotels as well.  But nobody was around.  And I LOVED it!!


 
Our hotel.
Tiny...older...perfect.

My toes in the sand...
...waiting for a wave to come in...
...yes, I'm in blue jeans.
Because it was freaking JANUARY! 
 

















 
So, yeah...spent a nice chunk of my afternoon lazing around on the beach.
 

Here's a fun fact: all of the dinnerware in this hotel was FiestaWare!  Which I happen to LOVE and collect.  It was seriously tempting to just load it all into my suitcase and run away with it.

But I controlled myself cause I'm a grown up. 

Mostly. 






That evening the guys (my uncle and a family friend who had come with us) decided that they would take a pre-dinner walk down the beach to the nearest pier, which wasn't more than a half mile or so away. 

Yeah...no.  It was more like a mile and a half away. 

So the guys were gone a LONG time.  Dinner was ready and waiting...and waiting...and waiting but the time they got back. 

My aunt and I teased them about this 'short little walk' for the rest of the week. 






love and kisses,
- HistoryDiva

No comments: