Wednesday, October 15, 2008

On Posting Open Invoices into The Sales General Ledger

Well kids, today is my last day here at the factory. I have turning in my parking pass, said good bye to my favorite security guard and once I’m done with the last few pages of ‘this is how you do my job’ notes I’ll be all done.

Am I bummed? Yes.

Am I worried? Yes.

Do I have another job lined up? No.

Does that bother me? You bet your ass.

But, at the moment there really isn’t anything I can do to remedy the situation. So…I’ll just keep typing until I’m finished and at the end of the day I’ll go home.

I’ll do my best Scarlett O’Hara impression…I won’t think about that today, I’ll think about that tomorrow.

But here’s something I can think about today…

Almost from day one on this job I’ve had a sibling-like relationship with the CFO. He’s that annoying older brother I’m glad I never had and I’m the smart mouthed little sister who is already ready with the one line come back.

And every time he leaves for lunch I call out something along the lines of “Hey! Bring me a chocolate milkshake!” And he laughs and says “NO!!!” That’s how things work around here.

So yesterday I get back to work after lunch and he wanders over to my desk and hands me this:

A chocolate milkshake.

And I admit…it made me a little teary-eyed.

And today when I got back from lunch he wandered over to my desk and handed me this:

Another chocolate milkshake!

And again…it made me a little sad…but in a good way.

And this morning one of my co-workers brought me these:

She said that she remembered that daisies are my favorite flower and wanted to give me something to remember her by. How nice is that?

And yeah…it made me a little sad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. : )

~BalletDiva

Anonymous said...

I meant that in a good way. : )

~BalletDiva

Anonymous said...

Hey,
seems like you had a bunch of really nice and thoughtful colleagues. How sweet! I bet they´ll miss you (who wouldn´t?!).
weird German girl

Kassia525 said...

How sweet! You got me all teary eyed...