Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Brain Droppings

A short collection of random thoughts, enjoy. - HistoryDiva

Our next door neighbors seem determined to completely creep out LibraryDiva and me. They are prone to holding violent arguments in the breezeway between the apartments every day around 11:00 AM, which usually contain enough creative obscenities that the entire United States Navy should be a lovely shade of rosy pink by now. When they aren’t screaming the siding off the building they are either to high to stand upright or else so sloshed they actually physically collapse in random places. Several days ago I was wandering home for lunch and found the female of the pair leaning against the breezeway railing, a large bottle of booze to her immediate left. She smile sluggishly at me and hiccupped several times. It wasn’t even noon yet. The male of the pair is by far the creepier of the two. He is fat, bald and probably a drug dealer (unfortunately we can prove this or we could get them evicted). He wears shorts and ratty t-shirts every day. He leers at LibraryDiva and leans against our apartment door while his smokes (we are on the opposite end of the hall from his apartment…what is he even doing there???). Neither of these two failed genetic experiments seem to have any form of employment…or at least legitimate employment. Hey LibraryDiva, maybe she 'works' on Dorsey Street!!! (Sort of an inside joke there…sorry)

I got an email from my former high school class president today. Apparently so little interest was shown in the reunion that not only has it been cancelled but there will never be another attempt at organizing one, at least not on her part. According to the email this is her second attempt at arranging a reunion, a fact of which I was unaware. A five year reunion? Seriously? Who does that? But never mind as it was to have taken place in 2003 a time in my life which I affectionately refer to as ‘The Year I Didn’t Even Have the Time to Sit Down.’ And besides, I wouldn’t have wanted to see any of my former high school classmates then either. However, I was actually putting some serious consideration into attending a 20th or 25th reunion…

Insanity has broken out at work and I’m downing in a never ending sea of files. This is pretty much all I can say about it here, because as we all know blogging about work is never as safe or anonymous as you imagine. (And while nothing has happened regarding this you can never be too cautious.)

Oh, and this makes me laugh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meth's a hell of a drug...

/that is all

//previous post made me cry as well... my pictures would be boxes and boxes of Frontline and possibly angry geriatrics...

///Tuesday "What Do You Farking Mean It's ONLY Tuesday!?!?" Slashies!

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard at the cartoon. *shakes milkshake* Oh wait, nothing's shaking.

LibraryDiva said...

BTW, I think she *does* work on Dorsey Street!