Friday, December 12, 2008

A DivaFamily Thanksgiving

The traditional DivaFamily Thanksgiving means family, friends, food, and football. Thanksgiving Day in my hometown was just beautiful...so pretty in fact that we left the front door standing wide open and even opened windows to let in the fresh air.

Our centerpiece. My mother stitched the runner in the center of the table.

The dining room table at my parent’s house was handmade by my mother’s grandfather over 90 years ago. He was a shop teacher and the superintendent of schools in a small town in Ohio. My mother remodeled the entire house just to make room for this table.

Check it out, it's the DivaDad and DivaMom!

There are two framed certificates hanging right behind the front door…see them? The bottom one is the certificate my father received from the county school board when he retired after teaching for 37 years. The top one is a certificate commemorating the addition of my grandparent’s (Dad’s folks) names to the Immigrant Wall of Honor on Ellis Island.

It's my Uncle J, the world's greatest uncle, and my cousin C.

Here's Aunt J and my cousin 'Bob.'

Pennie, a family friend who might as well just be a member of the family, stopped by for a slice of my pumpkin pie and a little 'Mom Chat.' If you're the praying kind send one out for Pennie...she could use it but I can't tell you why.

After dinner we gathered around my father's 'Magically Invisible' big screen TV to watch some football...

See my cousin 'Bob' watching football and enjoying a slice of MY pumpkin pie? Ah...memories.

And of course...my father had to take a Thanksgiving nap.

But here’s the fun part…and OF COURSE it’s the part I didn’t take any pictures of! My cousin C brought her Wii over and it was decided that instead of wasting more time on football we would do something even more entertaining. After a few levels of Lego StarWars, which made everyone laugh until they were in tears, we decided to play some Wii Bowling on the big screen.

‘Mii’s were made.

Games were played.

Everyone participated. Even DivaDad!

And a fantastically fun time was had by all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Tis most awesome. And again that was a nice looking piece of pie. : )

~BalletDiva