Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Why I Don’t Do Customer Service

Blogger's Note: The following comments were overheard while I was standing in line at the bank today on my lunch hour. All gramatical errors are genuine and were left in so that you might be as amused by them as I was.

Mother in line: “Jimmy! Stop sucking on that…you doesn’t know where it’s been!”

Customer at counter: “Wes (the apparent plural of ‘we’) done did have an account here, ‘bout twenty years ago. Can’t you look it up on that there computin’ thing?”

Mother in line: “Jimmy! Take it out your mouth. TAKE IT OUT!”

Teller line manager: “Without an account here we couldn’t cash it for you no-how.”

Mother in line: “Jimmy! Get down from there ‘afor you break your head.”
Jimmy: *whining*
Mother in line: “GET DOWN!”

Male customer in line: “And that’s why I use condoms.” (This was completely unrelated to the whole ‘Jimmy and his mom’ thing that was going on and was actually part of a different conversation. But it was still freaking comedy gold!)

Mother in line: “…and NO, you aint gettin’ no lollipop!”

But the entire crowd fell silent as a large, rather pungent woman waddled toward the counter. The teller was momentarily (and visibly) horrified but managed to cover it well. “I,” croaked a voice heavy with smoker’s cough, “want to make a deposit.” A large beefy hand crept up across the wide expanse of faded, flowered muumuu…heading for the collar. A silent shudder ran through the crowd as the mitt like hand was plunged deep into the folds of the circus tent sized muumuu…and from some sweaty, slimy, bra-less place it reemerged clutching a wad of soggy greenbacks.

Jimmy: “Mommy…I threw up.”

My sentiments exactly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was laughing till I got to the end... then I died a little inside.

Did you really hear all of this? If so... dear... God....

Kristine the HistoryDiva said...

Sadly, yes.

LibraryDiva said...

I think the muumuu visits the library and her library card rests in the same depths of Mordor as her money. Which is why I will never do circulation.

Anonymous said...

Did Jimmy really barf? Btw, it's good to know who uses condoms. Do you think he was advertising? ~R

Kristine the HistoryDiva said...

Yes, poor little Jimmy actually did vomit on the marble floor of the bank lobby.