Friday, April 9, 2010

iStitch - Over One on 28

My grandmother, whom I've mentioned before, was at one time a fan of Precious Moments, a collection of slightly creepy big-eyed children who appeared on/in everything from greeting cards to snow globes and were sold exclusively through the card store that starts with the letter "H." (And the award for 'run on sentence of the year' goes to that one.)

Out of the entire collection of P.M. items, there was one - and only one - that appealed to me. For some reason, I have always liked the image titled "Make a Joyful Noise."

It's a little girl and a goose.

I don't know why I like it...I just do. Like I said, it appeals to me on some level.

Anyway, I stumbled upon a tiny little kit and forked out the rather ridiculous price of $12 and stitched up this little design.

And specifically request that it be framed in white...and my mother indulged me.

*****
Every now and then, I enjoy a challenge. Whether it be finishing off a 15 page report on the history of New Zealand complete with a corresponding Power Point presentation which has to be presented in front of one of your favorite professors and a class room full of your peers and happens to be due in less than six hours OR an adorable piece of cross stitch which has to be done one stitch at a time thanks to the nature of variegated over-dyed floss and stitched over one on 28 count gingham linen. (Now THAT is a run on sentence!)

Bunny Gingham by Twisted Thread stitched over one on 28 count cream/natural Norden Crafts Riviera Gingham using Gentle Arts Sampler Threads. This little fellow (and yes, he's little) took me about four hours...what with that whole 'obsessed with finishing it before bedtime' thing I kinda got sucked into at the time.

But look at that tiny little face! GAH! The cute!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to do those big reports the night before they were due, too. I couldn't get motivated otherwise! Hehe!

Karen said...

LOVE the Bunny Gingham! Aren't those just the cutest designs? And I hate to admit it, but that PM isn't too bad - lovely work!

DaisyGirl said...

What!?! You don't like PM? Why, they are the sweetest thing since chocolate! lol I personally like the Cherished Teddies myself! Sorry I won't be at the shop tonight! or tomorrow night! Yikes! I've got a graduation meeting this evening for a senior party thing for Jacob, then my last ever band booster meeting tomorrow. I will retire after 4 years of servitude!
But I get to work at the shop Saturday! Wahoo for me! Hope you are having a spiffy day!
Your insane friend who is so tired, yet has insomina and can't sleep!
Donna