Saturday, September 19, 2009

Wishful Drinking

So...last night I hung out with my friend the H.O.P.S.F. We went to dinner and then went to the book store...cause that's what nerds do for fun. ANYWAY...I picked a handful (okay...a double handful) of new reading material.

Having heard an very entertaining author interview on 'Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me' (on NPR...look, I've already said I'm a nerd) several months ago I decided to pick up the newest book by Carrie Fisher.


See? Carrie Fisher!

And since none of my male readers will be able to put it together without the help of a a visual aid...

Yes, I'm talking about 'Princess Leia.'

Well, having now finished reading the book I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I learned things I had never known (did you know she was married to singer/songwriter Paul Simon, and that they are the same height? Neither did I), garnered some good advice (seriously, don't wash pills down with booze), and laughed out loud more times then I could count. I also cringed, shuddered, grimaced, and winced. Turns out that behind the smile there is an open, honest, funny, and damaged person...who impresses the hell out of me.

3 comments:

Kassia525 said...

I mentioned that you picked up this book, and I think Dave would like to borrow it...

Kristine the HistoryDiva said...

He is such a girl.

Unknown said...

Hey this looks interesting. I go to bookstores when I'm out with friends OR the hubby!