Thursday, September 3, 2009

Any Excuse for a New Project

So, I have this friend, whom I affectionately refer to as the H.O.P.S.F., who happens to be newly engaged (and by newly I mean it's been less than a week). And since she has given me so much advance notice of her impending nuptials, I have plenty of time to arrange a really nice wedding present.

And by 'arrange a really nice present' I mean 'make her a really nice present.'

Several years ago, while wondering through a craft store with the H.O.P.S.F. in tow, I happened upon a Gold Collection (read that as 'expensive and complicated') Noah's Ark (the H.O.P.S.F. collects them). But it is the kind of thing that would make a fantastic wedding present.

And it happens to be perfect for the H.O.P.S.F. (read that as: Sorry Dave, you're stuck). But, I never quite got around to purchasing it. Fortunately, the H.O.P.S.F.'s mom beat me to the punch on this one and purchased it a while ago and gave the kit to the H.O.P.S.F. ...but since it is on the 'seriously complicated' side of things and the H.O.P.S.F. is still on the 'beginner' side of things...I swiped it.

And I've started working on it...but I'm not going to post any updates because I have to keep the H.O.P.S.F. in suspense.

3 comments:

Kassia525 said...

*squeal*

Anonymous said...

Gee... Great... Thanks??

-Dave

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the completely different reactions we had to this post.

-Dave

P.S. I literally heard Karen squeal this weekend over post-its.