Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Night At The Opera


Last weekend, cause I’m all kinds of ‘timely’ when it comes to updates…don’t judge me, I was invited by the H.O.P.S.F. and her significant other Dave to join them for an evening at the opera. And since I am all about the ‘cultural opportunities’ I made my way down to the Cobb Energy Center to catch the Saturday evening performance of Richard Wagner’s ‘Der fliegende Hollander.’ (That’s ‘The Flying Dutchman’ for the one of two of you who don’t know your German.)

Now, the performance was beautiful and the performers were amazing. I mean seriously, the talent on that stage was just outstanding. The set design was extraordinary, the costuming was beautiful, and the orchestra in the pit just about played their fingers off. It was a wonderful experience and I’m so glad I went.

But the plot of this opera?

Let’s just say I didn’t dub it “The Misadventures of EmoBoy and the FanGrrl” for nothing.

So here, summed up as only your beloved HistoryDiva can, is a brief retelling of ‘The Flying Ductchman: aka The Misadventures of EmoBoy and the FanGrrl.’

EmoBoy: I am tormented.

FanGrrl: *faint*

EmoBoy: No one knows how I suffer.

FanGrrl: *squeal*…*faint*

EmoBoy: My heart is black and cold.

FanGrrl: *turns blue*…*faint*…*twitch*

EmoBoy: I wish I was dead.

FanGrrl: *throws self dramatically off cliff*…*dies*…*twitch*

Audience: *standing ovation through SIX curtain calls*

So yeah, good time had by all.

1 comment:

Kassia525 said...

Catch me! *squeal*