Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It Came From An Email


Once upon a time there was a girl named HistoryDiva, and she worked for a large manufacturing company. Unfortunately for the manufacturing company, the economy was taking a turn for the worse, which meant that some of the workers were being ‘down sized.’ However, this fiscal slump did nothing to deter the waves of under-educated job seekers who routinely slipped past the less than vigilant security guards and made their way to the human resources department.

One day, a rather inebriated job seeker stumbled his way into the office and demanded that he be given an opportunity to apply for a job that wasn’t available and would have required skills he didn’t have.

HRGuy: We aren’t hiring.

DrunkenJobSeeker: It’s discrimination! You have to give me a job!

HRGuy: There are no jobs.

DrunkenJobSeeker: It’s discrimination! I demand a job!

HRGuy: We don’t HAVE any jobs.

DrunkenJobSeeker: IT’S DISCRIMINATION!!!!

HRGuy: Okay, you have to leave now.

DrunkenJobSeeker: Well, I demand to talk to the hiring boss! I want to know my chances of getting me a job here.

HRGuy: That would be me.

DrunkenJobSeeker: So…you gonna give me a job?

HRGuy: No.

DrunkenJobSeeker: IT’S DISCRIMINATION!!!

HRGuy: Yes. Yes, it is. Now leave.

The End!

1 comment:

Kassia525 said...

This story is so much better in person, but still... hehe