Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Gatlinburg Weekend: Cross Stitch Edition

Last weekend I was invited to join my Aunt and Uncle in Gatlinburg, Tennessee for a weekend of sight seeing, shopping, and family togetherness.  And because being in Gatlinburg meant that I would be within 'spitting distance' of Dixie Darlin', a fantastic cross stitch shop in Pigeon Forge, I was all about this trip.
 
The "we were here" picture.
Quilt inspired patterns

Where should I start??!

Lots of Halloween and Thanksgiving patterns

A wall of hand-dyed fibers *swoon*

Custom cuts of fabric

I'll take one of each, thanks!

The walls are COVERED in stitched models.
"Seasons in the Village" series
The "Little House" corner
This was really cool, a box of vintage (80+ years old) fabric squares for quilters.

Chicken!
Geese
Exclusive Christmas ornament series, custom patters and little sleds!  
We purchase our armloads of stitchey goodness and bid a rather reluctant goodbye to the ladies at Dixie Darlin'.  And no, I'm not going to talk about how much stuff I bought...or ordered.  Shut up!  It was vacation! 

After a quick pit stop for ice cream cones and root beer floats we headed toward Cades Cove, a lovely scenic loop road through a valley filled with historic pioneer homes and churches. 

But on the way there...we happened upon another cross stitch shop, the Needlecraft Cottage.

This place is crammed full of stitchey goodness! 
Are you drooling yet??
And they carry Rainbow Gallery!
LOTS of Rainbow Gallery.
From what I hear there is at least one more cross stitch store in the area which we didn't get to visit.  I think it's time to load up all of my stitchey friends and take a group road trip.  So...who's in?

- HistoryDiva

2 comments:

Liz said...

Me..Me..Me!!!!

Karen said...

Holy cow!!!! Man, that is the way to spend a weekend! I hope there's a Show & Tell in my future...?