Saturday, April 13, 2013

Flashback: Christmas Cookies

I know, I know.  It's April and I'm posting pictures of Christmas cookies.  Well here's the deal.  I mostly take pictures on with my phone these days and to get them off the phone and onto my computer takes a little bit of work...and I'm not always willing to put out that kind of effort.  But I finally decided that it was time to clean off the phone so I'm spending a chunk of my lovely Saturday updating my blog with all the things I've been meaning to post. 

So...Christmas cookies.

This past Christmas my lovely Aunt invited me to come over and help her decorate Christmas cookies...and ya'll...it was a first for me.  That's right, I've gotten all the way to 33 without having ever decorated Christmas cookies.

Holiday Cookies: DivaFamily Style

 Roadkill cookies, made from leftover dough lumps.

Sad frog.
He lost a leg during baking.
And my aunt, the forensics teacher, took advantage of the situation.

Then she broke out the food safe markers and started labeling the cookies just in case people couldn't figure out what they were.


Then the labeling thing kind of got out of hand...


 "Famous" bells...

...and musical bells.

- HistoryDiva

No comments: