Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Curious

The first book I’m reading for the 2013 Book Challenge is Russell Brand’s first memoir, My Booky Wook. 

I’ve gotten more comments (all unsolicited) about this book than any other title I’ve ever read…including the books I read in college which were heavily discussed during various classes. 

The waitress at dinner last night even volunteered her opinion when she overheard me mentioning the book to my family. 

Having actually had my sanity questioned publicly for selecting this title, here’s what I have to say about it in my defense. 

First and foremost, I shouldn’t have to defend my decision to read this book, or any book for that matter.  This is America, it’s 2013, and I’m an adult.

Second, I openly and freely admit that I’ve wanted to read this book since it was originally published in 2007.

Third, this book is a run-away #1 best seller in Britain and Europe.

Fourth and finally, if I want your opinion on a book I’m currently reading I’LL ASK YOU FOR IT.