Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Weekend Adventure

So...a rather important event occurred over the weekend, and as I was to play a part in the proceedings I climbed into my trust DivaMobile and made my way south.

Now, here's an entertaining fact about the HistoryDiva that you don't know. Large cities both fascinate and terrify me. Yep. I can totally understand what would draw a person to live in a large city - like the ATL for example. The hustle and bustle, the buzz of city life, the night life and the neon, the hidden gems and the amazingly quite solitude of the inner city parks.

The drawbacks? Crowds, noise, traffic, crime, pollution, getting lost in the shuffle, the high cost of living, the inevitable isolation that comes with the big city anonymity. Oh, and don't forget that whole 'you could fall out of a window from really high up' thing.

So anyway! As I was driving into the city, I pulled out the camera and snapped a few pics (and since I was basically just doing the point and shoot thing - what with the traffic and driving - I'm actually amazed that these didn't come out totally blurry).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Considering the traffic on the downtown connector you probably weren't moving too fast! :)