Saturday, May 8, 2010

TiaDiva and the Green Thumb

So TiaDiva has this fondness for things that grow in the dirt. She gets this from our grandfather, who has the super power of being able to simply look in the direction of a plant and making it burst into bloom. I swear! The man is a gardening superhero.

Me? Not so much. If it flowers, it will die screaming right in front of me no matter what I do. Oddly, if it doesn't flower it seems to do fine around me...so I inherited half of that superpower.

But TiaDiva seems to have gotten a full dose of this skill in her DNA.

So the Divas and the Midget share space with various potted compatriots.

See these lovely impatiens soaking up the sunshine?

When TiaDiva brought this hanging basket home two weeks ago, there was one skinny green weed thing growing in the center of it..and look at it now.

Freaking super powers.

Sporky rises from the dead!!

...again.

An experiment in strawberries.

And the succulents that got ignored all winter? Yeah, they've doubled in size.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am afraid I am a serial flower killer. I can not keep pretty flowers alive no matter what I try. Pretty soon they're going to ban me from the garden department at Home Depot.