Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Things I Grew Up With

(this little guy was stitched by my mom...decades ago)

I'M IN LOVE WITH A BIG BLUE FROG

I`m in love with a big blue frog,
A big blue frog loves me.
It`s not as bad as it appears
He wears glasses and he`s six foot three.

Well I`m not worried about our kids,
I know they`ll turn out neat.
They`ll be great lookin` `cause they`ll have my face,
great swimmers `cause they`ll have his feet!

Well I`m in love with a big blue frog,
A big blue frog loves me.
He`s not as bad as he appears,
He`s got rhythm and a PhD.

Well I know we can make things work
He`s got good fam`ly sense.
His mother was a frog from Philadelphia
His daddy an enchanted prince.

The neighbors are against it and it`s clear to me
And it`s prob`ly clear to you
They think value on their property will go right down
If the family next door is blue.

Well I`m in love with a big blue frog
A big blue frog loves me
I`ve got it tattooed on my chest
It says P.H.R.O.G. (It`s frog to me!)
P.H.R.O.G.

- performed by Peter, Paul & Mary

No comments: