Wednesday, January 27, 2010

And Just What Does That Say About Me?

Well, boys and girls....we have SPAM!!! Yes! Blissfully Unaware is now receiving spam through 'comments.' I don't know if I'm excited about this (cause it means traffic has increased and spam has followed) or horrified (cause OMFG! SPAM!).

Thank goodness there is such a thing as 'Comment Moderation' which prevents these little nuggets of broken English and foreign language from actually appearing where you, my lovely readers, get to see them. So far there hasn't been anything X rated but I have had some seriously strange propositions...so yeah, I think I'll leave my security and privacy settings as high as I can manage. I just see it as further proof that my tendency to give my friends and family nicknames is a seriously good policy.

For the most part though, the spam just makes me laugh as I hit the 'REJECT' button.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have heard several other folks on over at Historical Fiction Online say they've had problems with spam on their blogs, too.

Anonymous said...

"I just see it as further proof that my tendency to give my friends and family nicknames is a seriously good policy."

Except for me and Robert. What, are we not good enough for nicknames?!

~Carl

Kristine the HistoryDiva said...

Actually, if you think about this logically for a second or two...no one knew your real name was Carl until you admitted it...

Anonymous said...

........Damn.

~Carl

Anonymous said...

Cheezeburger Cat says don't eat the feet.

~BalletDiva (Just thought I'd contribute some spam.)