Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Snowmagedon 2: The Electric Boogaloo

Hello boys and girls! 

As I'm sure you're aware the deep South is currently being buried under mountains of white stuff by Winter Storm Pax.  Which is weird and uncharacteristic of our normal winter weather.   

But this time we are prepared.

All the major roads are empty because everyone actually took the advice of our officials and stayed home, which is great.

Unless you HAVE to be at work.

Like I do.

So I'm 'stay-cationing' at a local motel near the office with four of my fellow coworkers (we just discovered this morning that a lone IT guy is there as well).  

My comfy, cozy room. 
 
It isn't a five star situation but hey, it's warm.

The view from the office lobby this morning.

We heard on the news that they are declaring a 'white out' in our area...which I believe.  We struggled into work through driving snow which is covering a layer of slush making travel a serious challenge...which is why there were only six stalwart employees in the entire building.

The view from our office...and that'd be my car on the right.
 
So it looks like we'll be bunking over at the motel for at least two more days until the storm blows through and things thaw/melt enough for us to safely get home.
 
- HistoryDiva

No comments: