Wednesday, February 8, 2012

OH MY GOD, IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!

Okay, actually it wasn't all that bad. 

So, I was thinking about writing a really wordy, descriptive, disgusting post about the surgery on my right eye but for the moment I've decided to shelve that idea. Mostly because, with a second surgery on the horizon, I just don't want to think about it right now. 

The point of the story, of course, is that I survived and am still in one piece…with that one additional plastic piece thrown in for good measure. 

At the moment my world is blurry, fuzzy, hazy, furry, and lots of other entertaining adjectives which mean 'out of focus.' But my depth perception is pretty good (I'm wisely avoiding stairs) and my balance seems to only be affected when I'm in the shower in the morning, and only for a brief moment. I even managed to drive my car around the neighborhood for a few minutes this weekend which was a fairly entertaining exercise for both of us (all mailboxes successfully avoided). 

I'm able to comfortably read, though I have to hold the book a bit closer now. I'm moving right along on my 50 Book Challenge and if I get motivated enough I'll post an update. I'm able to cross stitch if the light is very good and I even finished a project (with my ONE working eye, H.O.P.S.F. Just sayin'…). 

Oh, and I'm back at work…sitting much closer to the monitor and increasing the font to somewhere in the neighborhood of size 40. 

So…I guess that's about it! 

Second surgery scheduled for the morning of February 17 at Northside Hospital in the ATL. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are improving.

~Re

Kassia525 said...

H.O.P.S.F. says :-P

I finished six scarves during the Christmas/New Year holidays. It's not cross stitch, but I *can* be productive!