Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hello, Goodbye

"It's all right, children.  Life is made up of meetings and partings.  That is the way of it."
- Kermit the Frog

Things have been rather quite here at Blissfully Unaware this year, and I feel that you, my faithful readers, deserve to know why.

On January 20th my grandmother passed away.  She went peacefully in her sleep.  She was 91 years old. 

On January 28th my grandfather passed away.  He went peacefully in his sleep.  He was 92 years old.

They will be interred on April 5th.

On March 16th my dear friend Noel passed away.

Noel experienced a severe seizure which induced cardiac arrest.

She was 32 years old.  She leaves behind a loving husband and two young children.

On Tuesday I will attend her funeral along with scores of her friends and family.

It troubles me deeply to be attending the funeral of one of my peers, and as I attempt to process these feelings I find myself...confused, frustrated, and deeply saddened. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristine. I'm so sorry. I just recently found out about your grandfather. I did not know about Noel. I hope she had a wonderful life. With 2 children, a husband, a friend like you. She must have! And now she's dancing on the streets of gold.

Anonymous said...

Kristine, as always you know you are in my thoughts in prayers. Words are so inadequate at times - but know if you need me for anything, I'm here and I'm thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry to hear about Noel. You and her family are in my prayers.

~BD

Anonymous said...

Kristine, I don´t know what to say, except for: I am truly sorry for your loss and wish I could be there for you.
Kati