Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Farewell Letter

Dear 2009,

The time has come at last for the two of us to have a parting of the ways...and I have to confess that I am not sad to see you go. You see, 2009, you contained a lot of suck. Serious, soul draining, calm damaging, ego denting suck.

It didn't help, 2009, that you and I got off to such a bad start. Let's be honest here, the first few hours of you were some of the worst I've had to live through. Your opening act was total crap and things went downhill from there.

You were full of failure, and unhappy change. There was sickness, and death, and separation, and a long bout of depression. There was no love between us, 2009. You were a wretched, twisted hell of a year.

So, 2009, it's time for you GTFO.

Sincerely, The HistoryDiva

1 comment:

Karen said...

I agree 100% - and I know a lot of other people do, too. Sad, innit?