Saturday, April 11, 2009

Time To Flip/Rotate Your Mattress

Once upon a time there was a girl named HistoryDiva, and she had a blog called Blissfully Unaware and she added pithy posts to it quite frequently. Then 2009 started and life became a bummer and she got a job which took up all of her time and energy and some things that should not have been neglected, like her blog and her cross stitch, where moved onto the back burner of her attention in favor of things like snagging some extra sleep on the weekends and sitting around in her room muttering to herself and feeling frustrated at what her life had become.

At some point something has to give, and when you look at the entirety of a year and realize that the best day you’ve had so far was the day you took off from work to go to a funeral, well…things have to change before insanity takes hold.

So here I sit, in my room, on a lovely, sunny, Saturday afternoon looking out my window at the fresh green of a spring that was long in coming. It’s time for me to take my life back, kids.

And so I chose to be happy again…just because I can.

4 comments:

LibraryDiva said...

YAY! You're back!

Anonymous said...

That was lovely. Good to remember only each person can be happy. : )
*hugs*
~BalletDiva

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back and writing - fear not, we all reach those points and that's usually right when things start to turn around. :)

Anonymous said...

so glad you´re back - I´ve missed you :o)
weird German girl