Monday, January 12, 2009

Dusting off The Blog

Hello boys and girls how are you?

Have you missed me?

Did you notice I wasn’t around?

Did you?

No?

Bastards!

It’s okay…I’ll forgive you…eventually.

2009 has been keeping me on my toes what with family and friend…umm…issues. It feels like I’ve been pulled in a thousand different directions and the outcome is that I’ve been neglecting things around here at Blissfully Unaware. You should have seen the cobwebs!

And now to business!

First order of business: Happy (late) Birthday, Kati (a.k.a. Weird German Girl)!! I hope it was a good one darling! I wish I could have been around to celebrate with you.

Second order of business: Here, in brief, is a breakdown of the family issue.

The situation with my elderly grandparents is getting more complicated. Late in November my grandfather’s appendix ruptured and he had to be rushed into emergency surgery. He came through fine but had to spend several weeks in a rehabilitation center regaining his mobility. My elderly grandmother was left to handle things on her own. My Mother and my Aunt realized that they would have to head north to evaluate the situation for themselves. They were in Pittsburgh from December 20 to January 3.

The outcome of this visit is that while my grandfather is improving, my grandmother seems to be getting worse. They have insisted on staying in their house until my grandfather is able to arrange some of their affairs himself. Frustrations abound regarding this situation.

Third order of business: The Friend Issues.

You know what? I better not talk about this one.

Fourth order of business: What is going on with HistoryDiva?

I’m so glad you asked!

Well, I’m still unemployed but I remain hopeful. I signed up for unemployment. I spent lots of time over the holidays with my family and, as I mentioned, I was in charge of Christmas for us all. I spent a week house and pet sitting for a friend. I’ve been to Girl’s Night and Trivia Night (which is now in a different location because the ‘Mo Barr’ closed). I had a job interview (nothing came of it). I’ve done tons of cross stitch and read several books. Last Friday I jumped in the car and took off for parts unknown…relax, I wound up at the Dogwood Patch (my favorite cross stitch store). And yesterday I headed down to Atlanta and caught the First Emperor exhibit at the High Museum of Art. I was standing in the exhibit from the Louvre, breathing on a Di Vinci when they announced that the gallery was closing. I’ve never been so bummed!!! My room is clean, my laundry is done, and most of the time I’m bored out of my gourd!

4 comments:

Julie's News said...

I had noticed that I've been posting more than you...strange ;)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogging! Yes, you've been missed. Yes, I've noticed. Good call on your choice of topics.

Seriously, there is an inventory position that is soon to open up at a pet hospital sort-of-near-you. Complimentary scrubs are yours for the asking. Just hit me up.

Anonymous said...

As always my prayers are with you and your family.

Glad to hear that you had a little fun going to the exhibit yesterday! : )

~BalletDiva

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your birthday wishes! I had a fantastic party and weekend! :o)
weird German girl